Sunday, January 3, 2016

Q+A, 365 days, 5years.

I love to write. Whether it is a blog post, in a journal, in my planner, whatever it is, I love it. I love being able to record my feelings and memories in my own handwriting. There is something about it that gives me a sense of power. No one can tell me that what I am writing is wrong because it is all my opinions.

One of my favorite gifts I received for Christmas this year was from my parents. It was a small book that was partially empty. I say partially because it is a journal, but not a blank one.




It is one of those books where each day you answer a question. 365 pages for the 365 days in a year. It spans the period of five years. So every year you answer the question. I think I'm most excited to see how my answers change over the course of the five years. I find that people are often unable to tell whether or not they are changing because it's hard to notice the little things that you do differently from day to day.

I also feel like these five years are the ones where I am going to change a lot. I will be ending high school and starting college. It will be interesting to see what goes on in my life from these points in time. Another thing I like about this book is how there is a little bit of space on the sides where, if you write small, you can write little things that happened that day that aren't necessarily answering the question.


I have also found some other versions of the book. They're by the same company but they tailor to different people/events in one's life which I think is incredible. There is the one I have, which is the standard five year. They have a couples one that has questions that both people in the relationship answer and this book spans over three years. I think it is adorable and if I was in a relationship that looked like it was going to last three years at least, then I would absolutely get this!!The other one I found was the college one which I plan on getting when I start college. It spans the period of four years which is the standard college length shall we say, and these questions are naturally tailored towards people in college and the questions are very college specific.



I hope you all enjoyed this post and I definitely recommend checking these books out because they're so much fun.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment